Preparing For Baby
From Help for Shepherds
|Preparing For Baby|
Christmas is about getting our lives ready for a new baby
How to Get There
- Anyone who are parents know the change a child brings into your life. From our time, to our money, to our relationships, it all changes.
- A new baby is an exciting, agonizing, terrifying time for the family.
- For Mary and Joseph this wasn't just their savior, but their son. They changed a lot for him.
- The angels changed to welcome him, they came down and sang to poor shepherds instead of to God.
- The shepherds changed from what was expected of them too. They ended up witnessing when they were social outcasts.
- Everyone, and everything changed when Jesus came into the world.
- The entire world made a spot for Jesus.
- That is a big part of Christmas we forget. We celebrate his birth, but do we change our lives to make room for the baby? Without that, it doesn't really make any different.
Things to Watch For
- This message definitely would get perked up by some concrete examples of how you prepare for a baby's arrival.
- It can sometimes be tricky dealing with the human (baby) aspect of Jesus around Christmas without ignoring the divine. We make a spot for God in our lives, carve out area for him and prepare for him. We don't just get mushy eyed for a cute baby 2000 years ago.
- People rarely think about Jesus in concrete terms and so this type of message might be surprising to some people.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
There are no other ideas use this topic yet.
This Message is part 4 of Luke: Advent to Easter message series.