From Help for Shepherds
You find the miracles you look for. You can choose to make something significant or to let it slide by.
How to Get There
- The crossing of the Red Sea was one of the greatest miracles in Israel's history, yet they might have missed it.
- It happened at night, with loud wind blowing, Pharaoh's army approaching, and an entire people group in a panic.
- There was no PA system so not many people would have heard Moses' speaking to know what was happening. The wind and panic would have ruled it out.
- Without lights, and probably with clouds and smoke blocking the sky, and wind making torches nearly impossible, it would have been completely pitch black.
- It is possible that the Israelites simply fled in the dark without knowing what was going on and then found themselves on the other side. They could have said that this was nature or a coincidence, but the said it was God.
- We have miracles happening all around us that can give us strength for the future, if we look to see them, and them make them part of our history to draw strength from.
Things to Watch For
- Check for where else the Crossing is mentioned in the Bible to understand its breadth of usage and meaning.
- Watch the time of day/night of various parts of the story.
- Remember that this was 3000 years ago, not with modern technology or lighting.
- Make sure you present this story from the perspective of a normal Israelite, and not from Moses' perspective or someone close to him.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
|The Longest Night||This is the story of the crossing of the Red Sea as told from an average Israelite.||Dramas|
|Where Can I Buy One of Those||A character tries to buy a miracle and learns they are special from God.||Dramas|