Glory Around Us
From Help for Shepherds
|Glory Around Us|
|Occasion:|| Christmas, Advent|
The part "," of the query was not understood. Results might not be as expected.
The glory of God is no longer in the temple, but known to us all.
How to Get There
- Glory was a big deal in the OT. It was God's presence, God's power, what the people followed in the desert, and it was concentrated in the temple/tabernacle.
- John 1:14 literally says that the word (Jesus) tabernacled in us.
- When the angel appeared to tell the shepherds Jesus was born the glory of God shone all around, not the angel, but the shepherds.
- God is not removed from us, hidden away in the temple, anymore.
- One of the wonderful things about God is that God came to us. We don't have to search for God, he's right here, right now.
- We can see God in each other, in God's guidance, in what God is doing. God's glory shines today.
- God's presence is here today, God's guidance is here today.
- God is tabernacled in us. God's glory is seen all around us. God's presence and power are here and no bloodlines or location can stop it from reaching us.
Things to Watch For
- Few people really know what glory means anymore, but explaining it can't take the focus off the message.
- Fewer people understand what a "tabernacle" is.
- Both of these problems can be dealt with by taking a brief look at the OT way of worship at the start of the message to compare it to after Jesus' came.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
There are no other ideas use this topic yet.
This Message is part 3 of Luke: Advent to Easter message series.