Evangelism - Not just a Game
|Evangelism - Not just a Game|
God has a simple purpose for our churches, for us.
How to Get There
- There are thousands of books and seminars on evangelism. We've made it very complex, made faith itself very complex.
- But it's not complicated at all. The kids have it right when they sing "If we tell two people and they tell two people then four more people will know."
- Our job is not complicated, but it is important. We simply tell those around us about what makes us so excited about God.
- Everything else boils down to this, telling people and helping them grow. And that isn't hard, that's just sharing our lives with them. But if we aren't doing it, we are avoiding what Jesus told us to do.
- God has a purpose for us, to share what we love with others. It is simple, but there is nothing more important, or fulfilling. The empty spot next to you is reserved for someone else God loves who you haven't invited yet.
Things to Watch For
This message is mainly one of encouragement. We have piled so many issues on top of the core of faith that it is hard to find the root at times. Specific examples of people who have come to faith just because someone invited them to church really helps this message, especially if you have testimonies from the congregation.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
|How Not to Hook Someone Up||A man tries to get a stranger to marry a women, using the worst methods possible, but all ways that we use to try and get people to build a relationship with God.||Dramas|
|Puppets:Fishers of Men||A puppet learns that fishing for men is about living so that people can see us.||Dramas|