Equipped to Minister
|Equipped to Minister|
God has equippped you to get involved with people, so you can show them love and Christ.
How to Get There
- We are all supposed to be sharing Christ to people, showing love to them
- There are a lot of different methods and ways to minister to people.
- But in essence we are designed to be in relationship with others.
- People are hurting and need healing. We've received that healing from Christ and we can share what we have gotten.
- In this story, Jesus saw someone, went with them, just spent the day with them, a simple meanl. And Zach was changed.
- God will use us as well if we get involved in the lives of those around us.
- God changed us, wants us to get involved in others lives to they can be changed.
- It's not hard to get involved.
- Jesus didn't heal Zach, or do a miracle. He took an interest in him, had dinner.
- We are already involved somewhere.
- First sphere: Home
- Second sphere: work/school
- Third sphere: where you go on purpsoe
- It isn't about making unusual events, but bringing God into our normal life with others.
- God has already equipped you, the question is how?
- What would be left undone without you being involved?
- We don't need miracles. We need to invest in people, just one at a time.
Things to Watch For
This passage actually skips quite a bit in the sotry of Zacchaeus. One moment he was just coming down from the tree and the next they were at his house, with Zachaeus sitting down. Apparently the entire going to his house and meal took place in between verse 6 and 7. This should probably be clarified as it is easy to get confused otherwise. This story took place over several hours, not several moments.
Note that not all of the ideas presented are claimed to be original with this message.
This message was part of the sermon sereis unstoppable and ties into that series by simply adding a bit about how we have been equipped to minister to people, and if we simply reach out to those around us, the Church will be unstoppable.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
|How Not to Hook Someone Up||A man tries to get a stranger to marry a women, using the worst methods possible, but all ways that we use to try and get people to build a relationship with God.||Dramas|
|Puppets:Fishers of Men||A puppet learns that fishing for men is about living so that people can see us.||Dramas|
This Message is part 4 of Unstoppable message series.