Going for Broke
|Going for Broke|
|Text:||2 Kings 6:24-7:20|
What would happen if we took a risk for Christ?
How to Get There
- The entire people of Israel were stuck. Most people did nothing except complain.
- The lepers realized that doing nothing was the worst thing they could do.
- There was a lot of risk involved, but the potential gain was worth the risk.
- They took a step of faith and do something that could be really wonderful.
- In our lives, what would happen if we took a step of faith today instead of doing nothing?
- Why are we here? Christ says to seek and save the lost.
- We can easily become stuck. But doing nothing is the worst thing we can do.
- What could happen if we took a risk and helped?
Things to Watch For
This can be a disturbing passage for many people, but it is the realities of a city under seige. Make sure your audience is appropriate but that they recognize the dire straights the people were in and that this was not an extreme reaction from anyone in the passage.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
|Shield March||We succeed as Christians when we support each other||Experiential Learning|
|The shield of a Roman soldier mentioned in Ephesians 6||Image|
|Walking on Water||A humorous retelling of Peter trying to walk on water to Jesus.||Dramas|