Zoe - Life
From Help for Shepherds
|Zoe - Life|
|Topic:||Life, Fear, Death|
Jesus is Life, come to bring life and overcome fear and even death itself
How to Get There
- God is pro life. He wants us to live life to the fullest.
- This chapter of John is all about life, and Jesus as true Life.
- Fear destroys our ability to live our lives fully, it paralyzes us from following God.
- At the very beginning, Jesus has reason to be afraid. The Jews are after him and a friend is sick.
- The disciples tried to get Jesus to stay away out of fear.
- Jesus overcomes the fear, the disciples get resigned to it, give into it (verse 16)
- Life confronts fear, Jesus did and we should too.
- Life also confronts despair, like that the sisters had without any means of support.
- Life confronts death, raising Lazarus from the grave. Death is inevitable, but it isn't inevitable that death is the end.
- We can be dead with our heart still beating, having no part of the true Life, giving into fear.
- Likewise, eternal life doesn't have to start until death either, but can be found in Jesus Christ now (1 John 5:11-12).
- Not even death wins against Jesus. Jesus is the true Life and overcomes death itself.
- And then people wanted to kill Jesus. He knew what was coming and did it all anyway. Life died so that we can experience Life for ourselves.
- But just as death was not the end for Lazarus, Jesus could not be contained in death either, he rose again as Life itself, Life we can participate in.
Things to Watch For
- This is a long story, with a lot of different elements. This can be paraphrased easily but quotes at the very least need to be maintained directly from the text to keep authority.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
There are no other ideas use this topic yet.
This Message is part 5 of Signatures message series.