Victory over Hidden Things in our Lives
|Victory over Hidden Things in our Lives|
|Text:||2 Kings 5:1-14|
God can deliver you from the hidden sin in your life.
How to Get There
- Namaan was hiding something. We all do that.
- This could have ended his powerful career if known. His family was covering it up
- Leprosy spreads, and he couldn’t have hid it for long.
- The Israelite slave was taken to live with people who stole her. She didn’t lose her faith or get it distorted.
- She returned evil with good.
- It was such a little thing, just one dropped sentence. But it was given from her faith that God could heal.
- In Christ there is complete healing for whatever it is that’s damaging your life.
- Namaan tried to manipulate God, pay God off, demand to be healed. And the kings forgot about God entirely, that God was in charge.
- Elisha ignored him until he humbled himself before God. Healing can happen, but it’s God’s way not ours.
- We can’t manipulate God. All we can do is surrender our lives to Him.
- As soon as Namaan admitted his problems, trusted God for healing, and completely gave himself to God’s will he was healed.
Things to Watch For
This was a very proud man, with a lot of power, going to a poorer nation with what he considered a "lesser" God. This is an important point. He wasn't motivated to go, it wasn't normal.
Also, while this story is about physical healing the points are less about something physical and more about hiding what is wrong with us from others. That is something we can all relate to.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
|Nails in His Hands||We each put Jesus on that cross through our actions||Experiential Learning|
|Removing our burdens||Our sins, secrets, and failings are truly burdens and Jesus will take them away.||Experiential Learning|