The Sickness Within: Pride
|The Sickness Within: Pride|
|Text:||1 Peter 5:5|
Pride seperates us from God and others.
How to Get There
- Pride is a major issue with us. The first instance of pride was even before Adam and Eve (Isaiah 14:13-14).
- Pride is wanting our will over God's.
- This is in contrast to the picture we have of Christ in prayer, submitting himself to God's will above his own.
- The Bible speaks against pride in many places, but not all pride is bad. Selfish pride is bad.
- The "I'm better than you" pride, where we have a critical attitude, or pray for ourselves, care for ourselves, more than others.
- The "I can handle it myself" pride that makes us hard to to receive help. Often an irratic prayer life. We need to recognize that we need help because if we could have fixed it we would have.
- The "it doesn't apply to me" pride. You know you have this one if you have only thought about how others could benefit from this message.
- The prouder you are, the further you fall from God. not might fall, but will fall.
- And the closer you are to God, the more humble and broken you become (Luke 14:11). Draw close, humble ourselves. We cannot be near God with pride in our hearts.
Things to Watch For
Talking about Lucifer is quite controversial and if you speak about Lucifer you need to be prepared to speak carefully and within what the Bible really says.
There are also a great many pasages that deal with pride in the Bible and so many alternate or additional passages can be brought in to this message with ease.
Note that not all of the ideas presented are claimed to be original with this message.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
There are no other ideas use this topic yet.