Living a Resurrected Life
|Living a Resurrected Life|
|Occasion:|| Easter, Baptism|
The part "," of the query was not understood. Results might not be as expected.
Christ makes us a new creation right here and right now, restoring what was broken.
How to Get There
- The resurrection did not just occur two thousand years ago, but is meant to occur every day inside of us. There is new life in all of us, a new birth, resurrection.
- Jesus was walking along with these confused men and laid out the entire plan.
- Jesus probably started with the original couple walking in the garden, how a meal sacrificed their paradise.
- But here it is reversed, and God walks with these two people and eats with them, the bread of life instead of death.
- And that meal brings life, and sight, instead of removing it. These people now have new life, a restored life.
- That is the great news of Easter, that though sin came into God's plan at the garden of Eden, it was removed at the cross. We can be restored, seeking justice and walking humbly with our God.
- Easter isn't just about conquering death, but about living that new creation right now.
- (optional tie-in) That is why we celebrate baptism, it is a rebirth and celebration of that new creation God has made us to be.
Things to Watch For
This was originally an easter service that also was a baptismal one, and the testimonies of the baptismal candidates followed the short message. That was the people hear the message of new life from people who recently jsut came out of spiritual death.
This could also be easily tailored for a communion message by focusing more on the role that the of breaking bread had on communicating who Christ was to these men.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
There are no other ideas use this topic yet.