Jeshua - Savior
|Jeshua - Savior|
Jesus brought all we need, embodies all we need as a savior.
How to Get There
- Jesus came as a very common name at the time. It was the same Hebrew name as Joshua, their great hero. Jesus' beginnings were a lot more humble than almost any other person with that name too.
- ”Jesus” meant savior, and while there were thousands of people with his name around them, we only remember His. Jesus embodied the name unlike anyone else ever has or ever will.
- Jesus brought meaning to the name, the name did not bring meaning or significance to Jesus.
- There is a mystery about that name. How did God become man, how did the Holy Spirit bring this Jesus about?
- This was a purposeful naming. God chose it for his son to embody.
- There is a hope of salvation in that name. We are all depraved, needing saving. But Christ is savior, he can change that.
- If we rely on Jesus we have provision in that name too. We are provided for.
- All we need to be saved, to be changed, is provided for us through Jesus.
- We are not missing a savior, Jesus embodies it. Jesus is our savior in every sense Jesus is what we need.
Things to Watch For
There is a difference between worshipping our Lord, finding truth about Jesus' nature in his name and worshipping the name itself. We can easily degenerate into using Jesus' name as a magic talisman and that is not the point here. Let the name point you to the person.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
|A painting of Jesus being put on the cross, from an old church in Israel.||Image|
|"Skull Hill" near Jerusalem, where Jesus was crucified.||Image|
|A ceiling painting of Christ in the Goreme church.||Image|
|One of the few images of Christ left in the Hagia Sophia.||Image|
|Another picture of Jesus' tomb.||Image|
|This view of Jesus' tomb shows the groove where a stone would have been rolled back and forth.||Image|
|The tomb where we believe Jesus was buried.||Image|
|A black and white drawing of the Samaritan woman from John 4 meeting Jesus at the well.||Image|
This Message is part 4 of Signatures message series.