God of Second Chances
|God of Second Chances|
The one thing that will make a difference in all you do is to treat everyone like the loving father did.
How to Get There
- Everyone will spend their lives preoccupied with something, what will you be preoccupied with?
- The older brother was preoccupied with himself.
- The loving father was preoccupied with who is missing.
- Loving fathers operate from the context of forgiveness, while older brothers operate from shame.
- Imagine if the older brother had gotten to the younger brother before the father? What would have happened?
- There is one thing that will make a different in everything we do.
- We need to treat everyone like the loving father treated people.
- Do ministry and love others from the perspective of a loving father.
- We need to choose now how we will respond to these situations, like the older brother or the loving father.
Things to Watch For
There is a Carlos Whitaker song that is of the same title as the sermon that fits in quite well. There is also a Veggietales song that goes along with it too depending on your audience.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
There are no other ideas use this topic yet.
This Message is part of ' message series.