Christ in Others
|Christ in Others|
We are to be Jesus to the people around us.
How to Get There
- When Mary met Elizabeth, the baby John leaps in Elizabeth. He leaps for joy because he recognized Jesus was coming.
- The expectation, the appearance of the savior even within someone else, was a cause for joy, because Mary was humble and did whatever God wanted.
- Jesus has been born, he did appear and now he lives within us.
- John 17:20-23 records that Jesus prayed that we would be united with God.
- That same Jesus that caused John to leap with joy before he was even born, that caused Elizabeth to be filled with the Holy Spirit, is in us. Not the unborn savior, but the risen Lord.
- Mary let God use her, she was humble and did not allow herself to get in the way of God's plan for the world.
- Christ is in us, and we are God's plan for right now, with Christ inside of us.
- Like people felt Jesus still inside of Mary, people can meet Christ inside of us.
- We are Jesus for the people around us, and we should follow Mary's example of staying humble before God and following Him whatever that means for us.
Things to Watch For
It is difficult talking about Jesus' presence within us, especially in parallel with Jesus' physical presence in Mary. It must be clear that this is not a physical presence in us, but a real one none the less.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
There are no other ideas use this topic yet.