We are aliens (sojourners) in this world.
How to Get There
Another key verse: Philippians 4:11-13 The concept for this message came from Resident Aliens by Stanley Hauerwas and William H. Willimon
When we move from one area to another, it takes awhile to become a part of the new culture we are in.
But which culture should we be in? The world or God's?
- The world says get stuff, things. God's culture offers eternal life.
- God says love your enemies, the world says destroy them.
- God says forgive, the world says carry a grudge and get even.
- God says give, the world says get.
- God says do unto others as you would like them to do to you, the world says do unto other before they do unto you.
- Turn the other cheek?
When you come to accept Jesus as the Christ, the messiah, God's son, we move from the culture of the world, to the culture of God. Stuff (noun) that the world wants to stuff (verb) into your life is so much less important.
Things to Watch For
The world won't like our attitudes, actions if we truly become citizens of God's culture, but that is the way the world has reacted to God's people from the beginning.
Other Ideas that use this Topic:
There are no other ideas use this topic yet.